Shad (Richard Thomas) must scour the cosmos to recruit mercenaries from different planets and cultures in order to save his peaceful home planet from the threat of the evil tyrant Sador (John Saxon), who’s bent on dominating and enslaving the entire universe. Joining this “magnificent seven” of mercenaries are the deadly Gelt (Robert Vaughn), carefree Cowboy (George Peppard) and the sexy Valkyrie Saint-Exmin (Sybil Danning).
The film benefits greatly from some extremely talented people behind the scenes that went on to bigger things: Academy Award®–winning director* James Cameron (The Terminator, Aliens), Academy Award®–winning composer** James Horner (Titanic, Avatar), screenwriter John Sayles (Lone Star, Piranha) and producer Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Hulk) all participated in this “visually inventive and intermittently involving intergalactic shoot-’em-up” (The Onion A.V. Club)!
*1997: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Film Editing, Titanic
**1997: Best Original Song, Best Original Dramatic Score, Titanic
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive
- Audio Commentary By Writer John Sayles And Producer Roger Corman
- Audio Commentary By Production Manager Gale Anne Hurd
- “The Man Who Would Be Shad” – Interview With Actor Richard Thomas
- “Space Opera On A Shoestring” – Comprehensive Look At Technical Challenges And Post Production
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster And Still Gallery