Jesse and Pat have been best friends as long as they can remember. They did everything together, including serving in the army, but now things are different. Both are engaged to be married and take their lives in different directions. Deciding to share one last road trip, with their respective fiancees in tow, tensions quickly rise. Pat, realizing that he’s about to lose Jesse forever, becomes increasingly manic and unhinged, and it’s not long before he begins exhibiting psychotic and violent tendencies...
A tense character drama that slowly morphs into an unsettling thriller focused on repressed obsession and PTSD, Noel Nosseck's BEST FRIENDS is one of the great overlooked post-Vietnam angst films. Featuring riveting performances from leads Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica) and Doug Chapin (Ladybug, Ladybug) along with stark visuals from acclaimed cinematographer Stephen M. Katz (The Blues Brothers, Messiah of Evil), Vinegar Syndrome presents this underrated gem to Blu-ray, from a brand new 2K restoration of its 35mm original negative.
Directed by: Noel Nosseck
Starring: Richard Hatch, Doug Chapin, Susanne Benton, Ann Noland, Renee Paul
1974 / 83 min / 1.85:1 / English Mono
Region Free Blu-ray
• Newly scanned & restored in 2k from its 35mm original camera negative
• “Making Friends” - an interview with director Noel Nosseck
• “Movies and Travel” - a video conference with cinematographer Stephen M. Katz
• “Educate Yourself” - an interview with editor Robert Gordon
• “A Lifetime of Music” - an interview with composer Rick Cunha
• Reversible cover artwork
• SDH English subtitles