Conrad Radzoff was the biggest name in horror movies for decades until, one day, he died of a heart attack. Determined to celebrate his life, and death, the members of a local horror film society steal his freshly buried corpse and decide to host a party, in his honor, at their old and lavish mansion. Unaware that Radzoff's interest in horror extended beyond the silver screen and into the black arts, his corpse is soon re-animated and he begins exacting a bloody revenge against those who disturbed his final resting place.
Slyly combining 80s slasher tropes with an insightful and self reflective look at the meaning of horror movies and death itself, Norman Thaddeus Vane's FRIGHTMARE (originally known as THE HORROR STAR) is a quick witted and suspenseful tribute to classic horror cinema. With captivating cinematography by Joel King (JUST BEFORE DAWN) and supporting performances from Jeffrey Combs (RE-ANIMATOR), Luca Bercovici and Leon Askin, FRIGHTMARE has been newly restored from its original camera negative and is coming to Blu-ray for the very first time!
- Blu-ray | Region Free | 1.85:1 OAR
- Restored in 2k from 35mm camera negative
- New video interview with Cinematographer Joel King
- Archival audio interview with Director Norman Thaddeus Vane
- Historical commentary track with David Del Valle and David DeCoteau
- Commentary track by The Hysteria Continues
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible THE HORROR STAR cover art
- English SDH subtitles