After her attackers go free, Gaily Morton, the victim of a vicious assault, commits suicide. Her vengeful brother, brilliant robotics engineer and scientist, Dr. Albert Morton, decides to use his skills to exact vengeance, transplanting his sisters's brain into a humanoid cyborg. With bone-crushing strength and an array of built-in torture devices, Albert begins sending Gaily on a series of missions to violently do away with the men who wronged her...
A twisted and original take on the rape and revenge genre, acclaimed effects artist Ernest Farino's feature filmmaking debut, STEEL AND LACE, is an action and bloodshed packed early 90s, direct-to-video horror treasure. Starring Clare Wren (TV's The Young Riders), Bruce Davison (Longtime Companion), along with genre film stars Stacy Haiduk (Luther the Geek) and David Naughton (An American Werewolf in London), Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present the Blu-ray debut of STEEL AND LACE, newly restored in 2K and featuring an extensive, new, making of documentary.
directed by: Ernest Farino
starring: Clare Wren, Bruce Davison, Stacy Haiduk, David Naughton
1991 / 94 min / 1.33:1 & 1.78:1 / English Stereo
• Region A Blu-ray
• Newly scanned & restored in 2k from its 35mm interpositive
• Presented in both its intended 1.33:1 aspect ratio and its improper but more commonly seen 1.78:1 ratio
• Commentary track with director Ernest Farino
• "Iron, Carbon, Anger: The Elements of Steel and Lace" - an extended making-of documentary featuring: director Ernest Farino, producer John Schouweiler, co-writer Joseph Dougherty, co-writer Dave Edison, cinematographer Thomas Callaway, composer John Massari, casting director Ira Belgrade, editor Christopher Roth and special effects artist Roy Knyrim alongside actors Stacy Haiduk, David Naughton, John DeMita, Hank Garrett and Paul Lieber
• Extensive behind-the-scenes photo gallery
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles