One of the best zombie films ever made! They tampered with nature - now they must pay the price...
A strange twist of fate brings two young travelers, George (Ray Lovelock, 'The Cassandra Crossing') and Edna (Christine Galbo, 'The House That Screamed'), to a small town where an experimental agricultural machine may be bringing the dead back to life! As zombies infest the area and attack the living, a bullheaded detective (Academy Award® nominee Arthur Kennedy, 'Peyton Place') thinks the couple are Satanists responsible for the local killings. George and Edna have to fight for their lives, and prove their innocence, as they try and stop the impending zombie apocalypse! 'The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue' (aka 'Let Sleeping Corpses Lie' and 'Don't Open the Window') is a gory horror tale from Spanish director Jorge Grau and widely considered to be one of the best zombie films ever made. Beautifully restored in 4K from the original camera negative, Synapse Films presents the film for the FIRST TIME EVER on Blu-ray with the true original English theatrical mono mix and the real opening and closing credit sequences intact. This limited edition Steelbook contains a 1080p Blu-ray of the feature/extras, a DVD of the feature/extras and a special CD of the unique and haunting original music score. This Steelbook release of 'The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue' is ONE PRESSING ONLY and is available in a extremely limited quantity.
- Exclusive new 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
- New 5.1 English stereo surround remix made exclusively for the Synapse Films release
- Two audio commentaries featuring authors and film scholars Troy Howarth, Nathaniel Thompson and Bruce Holecheck
- Restoration of the true original English language theatrical mono mix
- Jorge Grau - Catalonia’s Cult Film King (89 mins.) – This extensive feature-length documentary explores the life and films of director Jorge Grau (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
- The Scene of the Crime - Giannetto De Rossi in Discussion from Manchester (16 Mins.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
- Giannetto De Rossi - Q&A at the Festival of Fantastic Films, UK (43 Mins) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
- Theatrical trailer, TV spots and radio spots
- Newly translated removable English SDH subtitles
- Liner notes booklet featuring writing from Spanish film scholar, Dr. Nicholas Schlegel
- Exclusive CD soundtrack of the haunting original score by Giuliano Sorgini
Be the first to review this product.