A Box set collection of 19 of the best-known, least-known, rarely-seen and thought-lost classics of folk horror from around the world.
12 BLU-RAYS, 3 CDs, 20 FEATURE FILMS, PLUS 15+ HOURS OF SPECIAL FEATURES & MORE
The most comprehensive collection of its kind. Experience 19 of the best-known, least-known, rarely-seen and thought-lost classics of folk horror from around the world, all restored from the best available vault elements.
Special Features include short films, audio commentaries and exclusive featurettes. The ultimate genre exploration continues with the original WOODLANDS DARK AND DAYS BEWITCHED soundtrack by Jim Williams, a 2-disc reading of the classic short story 'The White People' by actress Linda Hayden with a new score by composer Timothy Fife, as well as a 156-page book curated by Kier-La Janisse, featuring new writings by renowned film scholars, authors and historians alongside a selection of archival writings, poems and folk tales.
Films included: WOODLANDS DARK AND DAYS BEWITCHED (192 mins/1.85:1/English 2.0/CC), EYES OF FIRE (86 mins/1.85:1/English 1.0/CC), LEPTIRICA (65 mins/1.33:1/Serbian 1.0/English Subtitles), WITCHHAMMER (107 mins/2.35:1/Czech 1.0/English Subtitles), VIY (76 mins/1.33:1/Russian 1.0/English 1.0/English Subtitles), LAKE OF THE DEAD (77 mins/2.40:1/Norwegian 1.0/English Subtitles), TILBURY (57 mins/1.33:1/Icelandic 1.0/English Subtitles), THE DREAMING (90 mins/1.85:1/English 1.0/CC), KADAICHA (88 mins/1.33:1/English 1.0/CC), CELIA (103 mins/1.85:1/ English 1.0/CC), ALISON'S BIRTHDAY (99 mins/1.85:1/ English 1.0/CC), WILCZYCA (103 mins/1.33:1/Polish 1.0/English Subtitles), LOKIS: A MANUSCRIPT OF PROFESSOR WITTEMBACH (100 mins/1.66:1/Polish 1.0/English Subtitles), CLEARCUT (98 mins/2.35:1/English 5.1/English 2.0/CC), IL DEMONIO (100 mins/1.85:1/Italian 1.0/English Subtitles), DARK WATERS (89 mins/1.85:1/Italian 2.0/English Subtitles), A FIELD IN ENGLAND (90 mins/2.35:1/English 5.1/English 2.0/CC), ANCHORESS (108 mins/1.66:1/English 1.0/CC), PENDA'S FEN (90 mins/1.33:1/English 1.0/CC), ROBIN REDBREAST (76 mins/1.33:1/English 1.0/CC)
- WOODLANDS DARK AND DAYS BEWITCHED: Video Introduction By Writer/Director/Producer Kier-La Janisse
- EYES OF FIRE: The Secret Is In The Trees — Nightmare USA Author Stephen Thrower Interviews Writer/Director Avery Crounse
- EYES OF FIRE: CRYING BLUE SKY — Alternate, Longer Cut Of The Film
- LEPTIRICA: Radical Fairy Tales — Interview With Director Djordje Kadijević
- WITCHHAMMER: Audio Commentary With Czech Film Historian And Curator Irena Kovarova
- VIY: From The Woods To The Cosmos — John Leman Riley On The History Of Soviet Fantasy And Sci-Fi Film
- LAKE OF THE DEAD: Audio Commentary With Film Historians Jonathan Rigby And Kevin Lyons
- TILBURY: Audio Commentary With Director Viðar Víkingsson And Screenwriter Þórarinn Eldjárn, Moderated By Film Scholar Gudrun D. Whitehead
- THE DREAMING: Audio Commentary With Director Mario Andreacchio, Moderated By Film Historian Jarret Gahan
- KADAICHA: Audio Commentary With Director James Bogle, Moderated By Veteran Film Journalist Michael Helms (Fatal Visions)
- CELIA: CELIA And Me — Interview With Director Ann Turner
- ALISON'S BIRTHDAY: Extended Interviews From NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD With Producer David Hannay And Cast Members Joanne Samuel And Belinda Giblin
- WILCYZCA: Unleashing The She-Wolf — Interview With Director Marek Piestrak
- LOKIS: A MANUSCRIPT OF PROFESSOR WITTEMBACH: Wild Country Of The Were-Bear — Interview With Director Janusz Majewski
- CLEARCUT: Archival Video Introduction By Director Ryszard Bugajski
- IL DEMONIO: “The Kid From A Kibbutz” — Daliah Lavi And The Road To IL DEMONIO
- DARK WATERS: Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Mariano Baino
- A FIELD IN ENGLAND: Audio Commentary With Director Ben Wheatley, Producer Andy Starke And Sound Editor Martin Pavey
- ANCHORESS: A Short Trip To Shere
- PENDA'S FEN: Audio Commentary With James Machin And Matthew Harle, Editors Of The Book Of Mud & Flame: The Penda’s Fen Sourcebook
- ROBIN REDBREAST: Audio Commentary With William Fowler And Vic Pratt, Curators And Authors Of The Bodies Beneath: The Flipside Of British Film & Television
- and much more!